Join Dfranco Finishes
Do you want to be a part of a team that loves what they do, strives to continuously improve their craft, and have fun? Dfranco Finishes might be the place for you!
Our Mission is Simple:
We are looking for candidates with great attitudes. If you like learning new things and working with your hands this may the right place for you! Experience is not required (we will teach you) as every employee goes through the same process to deliver consistent results.
We love what we do, helping people enjoy their home or business. We will train the needed skills to be able to paint interiors of homes and commercial property, paint or stain exteriors, working on decks, teaching the skills needed to install wallpaper in homes and business locations. Along with the actual paint and wallpaper work, you will be able to learn business skills, marketing, sales, and operation of a small business.
This is a fun but hard working job that does require heavy lifting, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, getting hand dirty, getting paint and wallpaper glue on clothes. You will be exposed to various things that some people are allergic too- (latex, acrylic, oil products, some products containing mildicides, dust, exposure to various pets in homes)
We typically work Monday-Friday, 8 am-4:30 pm. We do travel all over the Chicagoland area, and occasionally outside the area on special projects.
You will need:
- To be able to communicate to staff, customers and vendors at various stages of projects.
- Be able to drive.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Read/write English.
- Receive job site information via computer/smartphone/tablet.
- Be able to talk/text during the day.
- To use programs for timekeeping/basic data entry of daily work completed.
- To be able to laugh.
We start at $14.00 during training but you can earn more as you learn and pass the various stages of the apprenticeship. Other compensation includes performance-based bonus programs, sales incentives, and referral programs.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $Varies by position ($15-$22 per hour)
- Apprentices — We train you.
- Painter — Must have experience, basics, (we still undergo training process), be able to use basic painter tools, understand how to start a job and work it through completion.
- Lead Painter — Work with other painters, have 2-3 years experience, set up/clean a job site, read and understand a work order and work that is to be done, can work alone if needed on job sites. works with apprentices as needed to teach.
- Crew Leader/Project Foreman — Works with crews on single and multiple job sites to begin, end jobs on time/on budget, works with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Estimator/Sales — Find new opportunities to sell, network, and work with organizations, companies to provide our services.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Dfranco Finishes. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.