If you are here, you want to know how much it will cost to paint a room in your home or office.
This question (how much it will cost to paint a room) is one we receive regularly. Thanks for reading as well as checking out our website, I am David Cook, the owner of Dfranco Finishes. So let’s dig in to this question!
The basic information needed for a paint estimate
First, we will want to know is how did you find us. Odd? Not really…we want to know what works: Facebook, YouTube, blogs like these, referrals, or paint stores. We love to give gifts to our raving fan customers!
Now that is out of the way, here is what you can expect us to ask you:
- When are you available for us to come out and look?
- Do you have any other work being done (floors, electrical etc)?
- Do you have a color selected already?
- What is your time frame to have this done?
- Do you have any allergies or reactions to paint?
- What are you looking to have painted in “x” room? (walls, ceilings, base trim, windows, doors?)
We have our scope of work. Let’s break down the work needed to paint a room…
For the sake of this blog post, we will assume you are looking to have walls, ceilings, and also base trim painted. When we come and look we will have more questions. For example:
- Are you planning on new outlet covers?
- Do you need help moving furniture?
- Will you be changing light fixtures?
- Are all of the pictures going back in the same place?
- Do you want to keep the cable/phone outlets?
With this information, we can now get to the work we will perform and that is needed to paint your room so we can determine the cost.
- We need to move and cover the floors and furniture.
- Outlet covers, light switch plates as well as vent covers will need to be removed.
- The floors will need to get taped off so we can paint the trim.
- The base boards, the window trim and door trim will where needed be re-caulked to get rid of any gaps.
- Any holes, nicks, dings, or scrapes on the wall get filled and also repaired.
- The walls will get a quick pole sand -provides a smooth finish coat, better paint adhesion.
- Ceilings will be painted with one (1) coat of paint.
- Walls are painted with two (2) coats of paint.
- A 12 month warranty. We come back in one year if you need a touch up.
So, how much is my room going to cost to get painted?
With the above information, we measure the room, and then enter it into our estimate software. The room we are using as a guide above was 12×12. With the 2 gallons of paint for the walls, one gallon for the ceilings, and either quart/gallon for trim, all caulk, plastic, tape, rollers, as well as repair materials, you can expect to pay about $705.00.
What is not included?
- Painting outlet covers
- Moving heavy furniture such as pianos (anything that may need two people)
We use Benjamin Moore products unless otherwise requested. As listed above we offer a 12-month warranty period. This means that in one year we will call to see how things are looking and come back and touch up for up to one hour for free, if needed.
Well, what are you waiting for?
Call, text or click the get estimate now! Let us get you to love the space your in today!